Saturday, April 7, 2012

Mrs. G's Training Chosen

Mrs. Groundhog and I have picked the place where she's going to get her first class.  There are a lot of options out there and probably most of them are good.  This one has the benefit of being local vs. national.  Some folks travel around giving classes which can make follow on problematic.  It has a good reputation.  One of the most humble gun bloggers I know is an assistant instructor there.  And, it's extremely affordable.  It's a bit distant but that just gets us away for a day trip and that's always cool.  Mrs. G is starting her official training with KR Training run by Karl Rehn.  Given her current skill level, it was recommended that we start with the Basic Pistol 2 class so that's what we're going to do.  April 14th is D day at 0800 hrs.  So yeah, next Saturday!

We've worked on a couple of things before going.  Racking the slide was a huge problem but I think we have that fixed now.  She'll need to practice to develop the technique into a habit.  I'm looking forward to watching the training.  I suspect I'll learn things I've never seen before as well.  Hmmm, Karl, maybe you should charge a spectators fee?  Right after this next class, lol.

5 comments:

  1. Good for her. No, good for BOTH of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. & Mrs. G - it was wonderful to meet you both today!

    Thank you for the kind words above (*blush*). I look forward to reading your report on the day. I'll have more to say on my own blog in a couple days... I'm pooped and it's bedtime now. :-)

    - Hsoi

    ReplyDelete